Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful The Broke and Bookish
Happy early Thanksgiving, if you’re in the US!
1. The Book Thief – This is probably my favorite book ever. I love and adore it and it makes me cry every single time.
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – I mean, who doesn’t love Harry Potter. This book has meant so much to me. I almost feel like I grew up with Harry (even though the battle of Hogwarts actually took place the year I was born).
3. Three Dark Crowns – I didn’t love this book the first time around, but the second reading was great! It’s good to be reminded that every book deserves a second chance.
4. The Count of Monte Cristo – I had to read this for school, and frankly I was a bit afraid of it. I mean, it’s huge. Then I started reading it. And I could not put it down! It quickly became one of my favorite books.
5. Cinder – I am incredibly thankful to have found and read it when I did. I hadn’t read very much for several years thanks to college, and this was the first book of a series that seriously pulled me in.
6. The Book of Three – One of my first forays into fantasy. Lloyd Alexander spun a wonderful tale, that kept me absolutely hooked until the very last page of the series. Now I need to reread it.
8. Sailor Moon Stars – I love Sailor Moon. If I had never found this book, I would never have fallen down the hole of anime and manga (maybe that would have been a good thing?), and I would probably be a very different person than I am now.
9. Bridge to Tarabithia – This was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I think I was still very much in the “boys have cooties” phase, so it was good to read a book that had boy and girl friendships. And it was absolutely wonderful for the imagination.
10. Stellaluna – I think this was the very first book I fell in love with.